Allegations are written or verbal statements alleging negligence and asserted claims.
These include any assertion by a patient or patient's family:
- that an injury has occurred,
- that proper consent was not given for treatment, or
- that there has been sexual misconduct.
These also include any legal or regulatory agency communications, including but not limited to:
- Notices of Intent to Initiate Litigation for Medical Negligence,
- Summons & Complaints,
- Letters or phone calls from the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) or the Department of Health (DOH), and
- Letters or phone calls from an attorney.