Who Must Report
As an employee or agent of a participating entity, you have an individual responsibility, pursuant to your employment, Florida Board of Governors Regulation, and state law, to report any occurrence that you reasonably believe may have caused or resulted in an injury to a patient.
Self-Insurance Program Participants
The Florida Board of Governors;
The University of Central Florida Board of Trustees, acting as:
- University of Central Florida College of Medicine
- University of Central Florida Health Services
- University of Central Florida College of Health & Public Affairs
- University of Central Florida College of Nursing
- Central Florida Clinical Practice Organization, Inc.
The students of the Colleges of Medicine, Nursing, and Health & Public Affairs
You may also have other additional reporting responsibilities and should be familiar with the policy for reporting events and near misses at the facilities where you practice.